Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun journey through the wonderful world of Italian wine in a beautiful Cambridge college.
Starting with an Italian sparkling wine to rival quality Champagne, we'll discover what makes Italy one of the most fascinating wine producing nations in the world. No previous experience is needed and a delicious two-course lunch is included.
From beautiful Barolos, velvety Valpolicella and charming Chianti, in 5 glrious hours we will explore regions such as Piedmont, Veneto, Tuscany, Umbria, Lazio, Lombardia, Puglia, Trentino, and Sicily.
Plus - unravel the mysteries of pairing food and wine and watch to learn how to open a bottle of sparkling wine using a sword!
We'll be hosted in a stunning and beautiful college founded in 1882 set amidst 7 acres of beautiful grounds. Selwyn was one of the first all-male Cambridge University colleges to admit women.
Actors Hugh Laurie and Tom Hollander studied at Selwyn as well as some prominent MPs, writers and leading scientists. We'll be hosted in the spacious wood-panelled Harrison room.
- Traditional Italian Sparkling wines
- Sweet Italian wines and how to use them
- Pinot Grigio - with flavour!
- White wines of North West Italy
- North East Italy white wines
- Sunshine and Island wines
- Improve your tasting and senses
- How to taste wine like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- The wonders of Tuscany, Chianti and SuperTuscans
- Red wines perfect for pizza
- Powerful Barolo
- Sun-soaked Puglian wines
- Amazing styles of Valpolicella
- How to pair food and wine
- Tutored tasting of 13 wines
Halfway through the day we will take a break from the hard work of tasting wine to enjoy a delicious two-course lunch followed by a mini tour of the college grounds to appreciate its history.
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift either as a dated or undated voucher.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'