Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun journey through the wonderful world of Italian wine at Madingley Hall. Part of the University of Cambridge, the 16th century hall is set in 8 acres of beautiful parkland.
The hall was once rented by Queen Victoria for her son Edward Prince of Wales (later Edward VII) to reside while he studied at Cambridge.
Starting with an Italian sparkling wine to rival quality Champagne, we'll discover what makes Italy one of the most fascinating wine producing nations in the world. No previous experience is needed and a delicious two-course lunch is included.
From beautiful Barolos, velvety Valpolicella and charming Chianti, in 5 glrious hours we will explore regions such as Piedmont, Veneto, Tuscany, Umbria, Lazio, Lombardia, Puglia, Trentino, and Sicily.
Plus - unravel the mysteries of pairing food and wine and watch to learn how to open a bottle of sparkling wine using a sword!
Madingley Hall is just a 15-minute taxi ride from Cambridge rail station or you can park in the grounds. You can also book in advance to say overnight in double rooms from £99 bed and breakfast (special 10% discount to wine school guests - email us asking for the code after you have booked).
- Traditional Italian Sparkling wines
- Sweet Italian wines and how to use them
- Pinot Grigio - with flavour!
- White wines of North West Italy
- North East Italy white wines
- Sunshine and Island wines
- Improve your tasting and senses
- How to taste wine like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- The wonders of Tuscany, Chianti and SuperTuscans
- Red wines perfect for pizza
- Powerful Barolo
- Sun-soaked Puglian wines
- Amazing styles of Valpolicella
- How to pair food and wine
- Tutored tasting of 13 wines
Halfway through the day we will take a break from the hard work of tasting wine to enjoy a delicious two-course lunch followed by a mini tour of the college grounds to appreciate its history.
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift either as a dated or undated voucher.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'