Updated – 14th June 2021
We have operated successfully under the restrictions from 17th May 2021, and whilst disappointed at today’s announcement, we are confident we can continue to inform and entertain your passion for wine with your health and well-being foremost in our mind.
We look forward to these restrictions being lifted in the future but until then we would like to share with you our overall response to this challenge.
We will continue to offer a range of Online Wine Tastings to suit every level of knowledge from beginner through fine wine enthusiast to WSET professional courses. If demand for these events continues, we will of course continue to offer them into the future,
Our in-person events, held at the Lion Hotel, Shrewsbury will continue with the following special measures in place:-
- Track and Trace – Please enter your details by scanning the Lion Hotels’ track and trace QR code or manual system.
- Maximum Numbers – Because of social distancing, the total numbers on each event will be reduced by up to 50% (exact numbers will depend on the size of groups when booking).
- Rule of Six – This means that no group may sit together if the number is greater than six OR they come from more than two households. We will ensure that a minimum 2m space between all groups.
- Masks – You will be required to wear a mask at all times, except when you are seated in your socially distanced group for the tasting event. Your tutor will wear a mask at all times, except when presenting from the front of the room which will be socially distanced from you.
- Food – All food/snacks will be pre-plated for each group, sharing food/plates between groups is not allowed.
- Spittoons – We will not be providing spittoons; please ensure you have a designated driver or use public transport.
- Wine – The tutor will pour the wine for you whilst wearing a mask.
We hope that you will take the opportunity to start to enjoy the gradual resumption of “normal life” and we have a full programme of events scheduled throughout the rest of the year, including our popular:
- Premium gin tastings
- Prosecco tastings
- Cheese or charcuterie and wine evenings
- All-day Saturday wine with lunch events
- 4-Week wine discovery courses
- Professional WSET courses
As a small business we are extremely grateful for your continued understanding and support and I would like to personally thank everyone that has attended an online wine tasting during the period since March 2020. It's been a lot of fun and has helped Shropshire Wine School through this unprecedentedly difficult time. I’d like to think we have also helped people deal with the social isolation we have all felt and continued to give everyone some fun in their lives.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by telephone on 01743 624041.
Owner, Shropshire Wine School