STARTING JANUARY A BRAND NEW COURSE!
Discover a World of Taste and Flavour
Have fun tasting your way to wine expertise. Do you enjoy wine and would like to learn more?
Our new World of Wine course guarantees that in six weeks you will be able to taste and describe wine like a pro.
Guided by an expert wine tutor you will learn how to identify a wine by its aromas and flavours. And the fun part is that you will learn by tasting around 50 quality wines from around the world, including a weekly “WOW” wine selected because of its particular quality or rarity. Here’s how we build your wine confidence.
The course has been carefully structured to develop your wine expertise week by week. By the end of each evening you will be able to:
· Week 1 - Taste and describe a wine with confidence.
· Week 2 - Taste wines from the same grape and identify where in the world each is from.
· Week 3 - Taste the difference between young wine and aged wine.
· Week 4 - Discover up and coming new wave wine regions and what their wines taste like.
· Week 5 - Recognise by smell the most common faults in wine.
· Week 6 - Taste and understand the difference between inexpensive wine and fine wine
At the end of the course you will have achieved an impressive level of wine knowledge. As you discover new wines you will understand which wines you like and why you like them. And that’s not all...
This fun, interactive course will also give you useful practical skills including;
· How to choose better wine in shops and restaurants.
· How to decipher wine labels.
· Where to find best value for money.
· When to open that special bottle you’ve been saving.
· How long a bottle lasts once opened.
· Tips on Wine and Food pairing.
No previous experience is needed, so whatever your current level of expertise you can relax and enjoy a series of informal, educational evenings with people who enjoy wine.
Sessions run on consecutive Wednesday evenings commencing Wednesday 12th January. They start at 7pm and last for approximately 2 hours, ending at around 9pm. This a six week course and individual evenings cannot be booked separately. But don’t worry if you have to miss an evening, you can pick up that evening on the next six week course.
This course is an excellent gift for any wine lover. All of our classes are hosted by independent, qualified wine educators, who don’t sell wine.
The venue for this course is Carruthers & Kent a specialist wine and bottle shop, deli, wine bar and venue for events and wine classes.
Located just off Gosforth High Street at 3A Elmfield Road, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4AY the venue is well served by public transport. Less than ten minutes from Haymarket on the Q3, 43 and 54 bus service. Fifteen minutes from Ilford Road or South Gosforth Metro.