Welcome to our flagship wine course - a fun and informal introduction to the wonderful world of wine for anyone who wants to learn more.
No previous experience is necessary - the emphasis is on learning by tasting.
This course runs for one evening each week to help you build your knowledge quickly. It is also flexible - if you need to skip a night, just let us know in advance and you'll be able to pick up a repeat session.
Or simply join ONE of the 3-week halves making up the course (either Old World or New World) and take the other half another time. There is no required order in which to do the two parts.
What will I get from this course?
- Taste over 40 wines from 10 countries
- Become familiar with different grapes and regions
- Learn how to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional
- Develop your wine vocabulary
- Understand how to read wine labels
- Discover how to store wine and ideal serving temperatures
- Develop a basic understanding of how wine is made and the importance of soil and climate
- Learn principles of food and wine pairing
- Feel more comfortable choosing wine and recognise good value
- Understand how to spot wine faults
What if I can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute or we can schedule you onto a repeat session or give you a credit to use against any event.