Join us in a Cambridge University venue for a fun wine tasting day focused on Christmas.
(no previous experience needed). And we'll be looking at which wines pair best with Christmas dinner and seasonal snacks (and why).
Watch and learn how to open a bottle of Champagne using a sword!
- Start with Champagne
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others. Which is the best red for the Christmas dinner table?
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others. Which is best white for the Christmas dinner table?
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your tasting and senses
- How to taste wine like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, body, oak
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- Christmas Food & Wine matching tips & advice
Halfway through the day we will take a break from the hard work of tasting wine to enjoy a delicious two-course lunch followed by a mini tour of the college to appreciate its history.
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift either as a dated or undated voucher.