This course runs over 6x days over two weeks
- Tues, Wed, Thurs, 13th, 14th, 15th June, then Tues, Wed, Thurs, 20th, 21st, 22nd June with the exam is at the end of Day 6 (Thurs 22nd June)
The WSET L3 Award in Wines course is intended as vocational training in advanced product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry and is increasingly valued by enthusiasts looking to develop their expertise.
The course is perfect for those who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to study this fascinating subject to a very high level of theoretical knowledge and tasting skill under the guidence of a professional wine tutor.
A crucial distinction between Level 3 and the lower levels of WSET Awards is the analytical tasting component to the exam. You will have to learn, and then demonstrate, the ability to critically assess the flavours in wine and be able to account for them using your knowledge of the key wines of the world.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework.
The course runs over 2 weeks, each with a block of 3 consecutive days (Tues-Thurs), with sessions running for approx 7.5 hours starting at 9.30 am. The exam is held at the end of the final day of the course.
In addition to the 34 hours of tutored tasting and lecture time it is recomended that all students complete a total of around 50 hours of private study, we recommend completeing the vast majority of this ahead of the classroom sessions beginning.
A full layout of the course timetable, inc wines to be tasted and page references to be studied at home will be issued prior to the start of the course to help you plan your time.
The exam is at the end of the final day of the course (Thurs 17th), it runs over approximately 3 hours, we will be finished no later than 6.30pm on this day.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; 'Understanding wines: Explaining style and quality' course manual (comprehensive 200 page textbook), Study Guide and Full SAT Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines inc high quality examples of many classic wines)
- The use of professional ISO tasting glasses
- All course handouts- copy of study timetable/planner incl records of each wine tasted, mock exam planning sessions and feedback
- All course tuition by a WSET Certified educator
- Comprehensive student support by WSET certified educator outside of class time should you have any questions before, during and after the course
- Additional time in class for exam preparation including 2 fully marked mock tasting exams and written exam technique sessions to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam
- Registration with WSET and all examination fees
- Internationally-recognised certificate and pin badge upon successful completion
- VAT at 20% (VAT receipt can be provided on request)
Please Note: you'll ideally need to complete your booking four weeks prior to the course commencing. This will ensure you receive the study materials with enough time to complete the majority of the private study time required for this condense course. Anyone wishing to book any later than this deadline should contact the Wine School before booking to ensure that provision can be made.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.