This course combines a thorough introduction to the world of wine with the opportunity to discover new favourites as you taste your way around the world.
Are you looking for a sociable and relaxed way to spend your evenings and have a passion for wine, food and travel? Well, this is just the ticket!
Over six consecutive Tuesday evenings we'll teach you how to sniff, swirl and slurp like a pro, whilst introducing you to some fabulous food and wine matching ideas. We'll also share the stories behind the wines you taste. This is a very sociable course, on which you will meet like-minded wine-lovers who share your passion for wine. If you are looking for broad-based, practical but informative introduction to the wonderful world of wine, this is the course for you!
What you will discover on this course:
- How to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional and how to describe a wine with confidence
- The flavours and aromas associated with the world's major grape varieties
- The three major factors that influence why a wine tastes and smells like it does
- An understanding about wines from France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, California & South Africa
- The impact of climate change on wine
- The different styles of wine; still, sparkling, sweet and fortified and how they are made
- How to read and decipher wine labels
- How to store and serve wine and how to spot a faulty one
- How to make great food and wine pairings
- How to choose better wines in shops and restaurants
The course is supported by digital presentations that incude lots of interactive content and learning aids and a tasting of six or seven wines per session.
Come and explore the world of wine with us!
An evening tasting exploring the classic wines of France and the concept of 'terroir'.
An exploration of everything that Italy has to offer from Piemonte in the north to sunny Sicily in the south.
An evening tasting that explores the traditional and modern style wines coming from the Iberian peninsula.
Join as we journey down under to explore a world of new wave wines from Australia and New Zealand
An evening tasting that explores the big, bold and fruity flavours of wines from Chile and Argentina
An evening tasting that explores wines of the USA and South Africa and the impact of climate change on wine