Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine tasting day at a central Cambridge venue. Starting with Champagne, we'll taste and learn about wines from all over the world (no previous experience needed) and a delicious two-course lunch is included.
Watch and learn how to open a bottle of Champagne using a sword!
- Start with Champagne
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your tasting and senses
- How to taste wine like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, body, oak
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
- Food & Wine matching tips & advice
Halfway through the day we will take a break from the hard work of tasting wine to enjoy a delicious two-course lunch.
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift either as a dated or undated voucher.