If you like wine and would like to know more about it, this 3-part Tues evening course is the perfect introduction.
Learn by experience. Taking the main grape varieties found in shops and supermarkets, we help you understand their essential character.
We also explain different expressions of those grapes so you can understand why you might prefer one over another.
And we bring nibbles so you can experience the effect of pairing food with these wines in the classroom.
All our wine events are relaxed and fun - a perfect sociable evening out while you taste and learn!
At the end of this 3-part experience, you will understand:
- The structure and flavours of: Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris/Grigio and Riesling
- The structure and flavours of: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah/Shiraz
- Key names to look for on wine bottles to recognise French wines made from these grapes
- Pairing food with these wines
- Ideal service temperature for these wines
We learn by tasting, so you get plenty of practice developing your nose and palate to better recognise characteristic aromas and flavours.
What's included in the price:
- Taste 18 wines that brilliantly showcase the main grapes
- Food samples (nibbles) to learn about food pairing
- Full tuition developing your knowledge and tasting skills
- Slide handouts for reading again at home
- Nez du Vin for practice recognising wine aromas
- Professional wine notes
Dates and times: 7-9pm on Tues May 2nd, 9th and 16th.
Come join in the fun and begin to see wine with new eyes!
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'