This in-depth intensive course is the WSET L3 Award in Wines, it is intended as vocational training in advanced product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry and is increasingly valued by enthusiasts looking to develop their expertise.
The course is increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to study this fascinating subject to a very high level of theoretical knowledge and tasting skill under the guidence of a professional wine tutor.
A crucial distinction between Level 3 and the lower levels of WSET Awards is the analytical tasting component to the exam. You will have to learn, and then demonstrate, the ability to critically assess the flavours in wine and be able to account for them using your knowledge of the key wines of the world.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: you'll need to complete your booking two weeks prior to the course commencing. This will ensure you receive the study materials before the start of the course, with time to familiarise yourself with the pre-course reading. Anyone wishing to book any later than this deadline should contact the Wine School before booking to ensure that provision can be made.
Our WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is run over one day a week on 6 consecutive weeks, with sessions running from 10am - 5pm. The exam is held on week 6 of the course.
In addition to the 30 hours of tutored tasting and lecture time it is recomended that all students complete a total of around 50 hours of private study in total, we recommend at least 7 hours preparation before each session.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including; 'Understanding wines: Explaining style and quality' course manual (comprehensive 200 page textbook), Study Guide and Full SAT Tasting Card
- All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
- All course handouts- copy of study timetable/planner incl records of each wine tasted, mock exam planning sessions and feedback
- All course tuition
- Additional time in class for exam preparation including 2 fully marked mock tasting exams and weekly written exam technique sessions to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam
- Examination Paper
Official Certificate and Pin for all those who pass
- Study Materials: your text book will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. For this reason, please ensure you are signed up and fully paid at least 2 weeks before the course starts. Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should call the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
Please note, the price is inclusive of VAT @20%, a VAT receipt can be supplied on request.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'