Your personal data is important and there are a range of laws in place to safeguard it (the most important of which is the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”). NWS is committed to doing its part to protect your personal data and comply with those laws.
In practice, this means that all personal data which we hold about you will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept securely
What Information we collect about you and how it is used
We collect your personal data when you fill in forms on our website or at our events or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- When contacting us we request your name, telephone and email address - this information is used to respond to your request for further information on our services
- Information that you provide when completing paper-based forms at any of our events consenting to be added to our mailing list, to receive notes from tastings and for the purpose of us e-mailing you a link to complete a tripadvisor review.
- Social Media: Information that you provide to us on our Social Media pages, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Order details: Information that you provide in relation to an order or a product you have purchased.
- Transaction details: Details of transactions which you carry out with us (whether through our website or otherwise) and of the fulfilment of your orders (such as your intended delivery address and financial details).
We do not and will not ever sell on your data to any 3rd party for marketing or commercial purposes. We only ever share your data with 3rd parties for the specific purposes outlined above.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive anonymised data and/or aggregated data from various 3rd parties and public sources such as those below:
Data from analytics providers, advertising networks (such as Google AdWords / Google Shopping) and search information providers (all of which may be based outside the EU); and
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as PayPal and WorldPay (which may be based outside the EU).
You have a number of individual rights relating to the processing and storage of your personal data. They are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Withdrawal of consent, erasure, and information access
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to do any of the following:
- To withdraw your consent for activities for which you have previously consented
- To request a copy of the information that we hold on you
- To request the deletion of information that we hold on you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit to identify you. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide you with a faster, more efficient, and enhanced service.
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how our visitors use our site. This software provides us with information regarding your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect any personal information. We use this information to improve your experience. For more information visit www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.