On this course we'll match up some of the delicacies from Scotland's world famous larder with some delicious wines from around the globe. We'll see how the complex flavours can complement each other, bringing out the flavours of both. Food and Wine matching is a true gastronomic delight, and we're going to talk through some general principals to give you some really good tips to take away and practice at home.
We'll try 7 different food and wine combinations, and whilst these will vary depending on the season, will include some of the following.
- Arbroath Smokie with Sancerre
- Steamed Langoustine with Spanish Albarino
- Lanark blue cheese with Sauternes dessert wine
- Highland Game Terrine with New Zealand Pinot Noir
- Orkney Cheddar with South African Cabernet Sauvignon
- Loch Rannoch smoked duck with Valpolicella
- Loch Fyne oysters with Chablis
- Peat-smoked Salmon with Champagne
This course is a must for lovers of food and wine!
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'
Best Wine Courses - "5 Wine Schools I rate"