Welcome to our flagship tasting experience in Cambridge - a fun and informal introduction to the wonderful world of wine for anyone who wants to learn more.
We cover everything you want to know about wine in just six evening sessions! You will discover new wines and learn all about the main wine styles and grapes.
Unlike any other course you have attended, this course is focused on the fun of learning by tasting. It runs one evening per week, and if you need to skip an evening, just give us notice - you'll be able to pick up a repeat.
What will I get from this experience?
- Taste over 40 wines from 10 countries
- Become familiar with different grapes and regions
- Learn to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional and develop your wine vocabulary
- Understand how to read wine labels
- Discover the best way to store wine and the ideal serving temperature
- Develop a basic understanding of how wine is made and the importance of soil and climate
- Learn principles of food and wine pairing
- Feel more comfortable choosing wine and recognise good value
- Understand how to spot wine faults
Or take one half now and the other later - the two halves are a 3-week Intro to Old World and a 3-week Intro to New World. You can do the whole lot at once or the halves in any order.
Recent review: "I completed the World of Wine course taught by Mark in Cambridge, which was fantastic! Really enjoyed learning about the different types of wine and production methods." Sam Richardson, August 2021 (click here to read on Google Reviews).
If you prefer a more formal approach to learning, you might be interested in our WSET courses. These courses lead to a multiple choice exam, whereas there are no exams for our 3-week courses: we cover the same ground in a fun-focused way.
We are here to help - for any queries – just drop us an email
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
Our Local Wine Schools in the Press
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'