Our 6-week World of Wine course is our flagship course - a fun and informal journey through the beautiful world of wine for anyone who wants to expand their horizons and build upon their knowledge.
You will discover new wines and learn about the grapes grown and the wine-making traditions for each place.
We focus on learning by tasting and having fun one evening per week. If you need to skip one or more evenings it's no problem - just give us notice and we'll credit you so you can pick it up later or attend anything else in its place.
The first 3 weeks explore the Old World and the second 3 weeks tour through the New World. These two parts can be taken separately and in any order so if you wish to adjust how you attend, simply let us know when you book.
What will I get from this experience?
- Taste over 40 wines from 10 countries
- Become familiar with different grapes and regions
- Learn to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional and develop your wine vocabulary
- Understand how to read wine labels
- Discover the best way to store wine and the ideal serving temperature
- Understand how wine is made and the importance of soil and climate
- Learn principles of food and wine pairing
- Feel more comfortable choosing wine and recognise good value
- Understand how to spot wine faults
Recent review: "I completed the World of Wine course taught by Mark in Cambridge, which was fantastic! I really enjoyed learning about the different types of wine and production methods." Sam Richardson.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'