Cheese is often considered the perfect partner to wine, but it's not always that easy. Often white wine works just as well as red - find out why when we taste 7 wines matching them with 7 top quality cheeses from around the world.
We'll try various cheeses from specialist local cheesemonger Hum Closen: goat's cheese, salty cheddar, melting brie styles, crumbly Wensleydale, blue cheese, swiss mountain cheese and smoked cheddar.
You'll learn the principles of cheese and wine pairing so you can get it right first time when you do it at home.
There will be something for everyone in this special tasting. If you like cheese and you like wine, it is the perfect combination.
The line-up may vary (any good delicatessen seasonally adjusts their range), but is likely to include:
- Goat's cheese with Sancerre (classic match)
- Creamy french blue cheese (not too strong) with dessert wine
- Salty cheddar with Bordeaux (why does this one work so well?)
- French Brie with Viognier or Beaujolais
- Wensleydale / Cheshire with Pinot Noir
- Smoked cheddar with Chardonnay
- An ultra-flexible mystery wine (that pairs well with MOST cheeses) with a mountain cheese
Biscuits for cheese are included as well as details of where to source the wines locally if you want to get your hands on pairings you enjoy the most.
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift either as a dated or undated voucher.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'