Be ready for Christmas! At this special pre-Christmas tasting, sample 7 different cheese and wine combinations particularly popular over Christmas so you can plan to make the most of your festive season!
Cheese is often considered the perfect partner to wine, but it's not always that easy. Often white wine works just as well as red - find out why when we taste 7 wines matching them with 7 top quality cheeses from around the world.
We will try a variety of combinations and at the end of the evening you can vote which works best for your palate - a great way to learn what works for you.
You'll learn the principles of cheese and wine pairing so you can get it right first time when you do it at home.
There will be something for everyone in this special tasting. If you like cheese and you like wine, it is the perfect combination.
Some cheeses are soft and will be served on crackers. If you need gluten-free simply email us to let us know when you book.
The line-up may vary but is likely to include such festive favourites as:
- Brillat Savarin, triple cream cheese that is luscious, rich and soft. Paired with Chapel Down English Sparkling wine
- Gruyere, firm dense, rich, nutty and strong. Paired with a South African Chenin Blanc
- Caerphilly, raw cow's milk clean, fresh with a pleasant mineral tang and creamier at the rind. Paired with a lovely Moulin-à-Vent Cru Beaujolais
- Hafod Cheddar paired with Chateau Argadens Bordeaux Superieur
- Comte, matured by Marcel Petite at Fort Saint Antoine for 12-18 months with a crunchy, nutty and savoury flavour. Paired with a superior Prosecco from the Valdobbiadene region
- Munster, matured with a rich, milky taste. Paired with a deliciously well-balanced Alsace Gewurztraminer
- Stichelton, an amazing cow’s milk blue cheese with a rich, buttery taste. Paired with Quinta do Crasto LBV Port
Biscuits for cheese are included as well as details of where to source the wines locally if you want to get your hands on pairings you enjoy the most..
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift either as a dated or undated voucher.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'