WSET Level 1 Wine Course
An entry level qualification providing a straightforward introduction to wine.
A great course for those wanting to taste & recognise the main grape varieties, & explore food and wine matching. It is also ideal for boosting the confidence of new or inexperienced front line staff in the hospitality and retail sectors.
At a glance:
- 9+ wines tasted
- 7 hours tuition
- 0 hours home study
- 45 min multiple-choice exam
For more detail on the course structure & content, as well as assessment criteria and sample Exam questions - View the Full Level 1 Specification
We have more dates availalble with our WSET Level 1 ONLINE courses
Why book a WSET Course with Birmingham Wine School?
- We offer a personalised service, with direct feedback on progress during your course, offering assistance to students when needed outside of classroom hours.
- As professional wine educators we do not sell wine to remain impartial.
- All our WSET Tutors have the WSET Diploma, (not just WSET qualified).
- We have extensive experience in training over 1,000 students.
- We make wine tasting fun, remember, slurping is a skill.
- And all this translates into helping you be successful. Our pass rates are much higher than the national average:
- Level 1 - Our pass rate 99%. National average 93%
- Level 2 - Our pass rate 97%. National average 89%
- Level 3 - Tasting exam. Our pass rate 100%. National average 87%
- Level 3 - Multiple choice. Our pass rate 100%. National average 88%
- Level 3 - Essay questions. Our pass rate 70%. National average 50%
We have educated over 1,000 people in these WSET Qualifications