Love Cheese? Love Wine? Then why not come along to our cheese and wine matching evening in Birmingham city centre and learn more about the best cheese and wine pairings to enjoy at home.
We all know the classic combination of Port and Stilton but what other pairings work together? We shall be exploring a range of delicious cheeses and matching them with some classic wines from around the globe. We shall also talk about food and wine matching more generally, and you'll pick up some really good tips to take away and practice at home.
On the evening we will try six different cheese and wine combinations, and while they will vary a bit from one event to another they will include at least some of the following:
- Classic Gruyere with a Pinot Noir
- Pié d’Angloys with a Brut Champagne or Crémant
- Manchego with an Albariño
- Crumbly Lancashire with a Chardonnay
- West Country Cheddar with a Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend
- Mature Blue cheese with Sémillon
- Goats cheese and an aromatic white
- Chaource with a mid weight white
- Camembert style with light bodied red
- Washed rind cheese (eg Pont L'Eveque or Reblochon) with a fruity white
- Farmhouse Cheddar with dry red wine
- Blue cheese with a tangy Dessert wine
Buy an open dated Cheese & Wine tasting gift voucher FOR ONE
Buy an open dated Cheese & Wine tasting gift voucher FOR TWO
We are here to help - for any queries – just drop us an email
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
Our Local Wine Schools in the Press
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'