ONLINE Course programme:
Each week we will focus on a different region, tasting at least six wines, discovering what makes each region unique and matching the wines with different foods. You will find out how to pick out the best wines in supermarkets, decipher wine lists in restaurants, and understand the different terms used on wine labels. All the while tasting some fantastic wines and building up your tasting skills!
- France I - Burgundy & Loire; plus tasting skills, aroma tests, understanding wine labels
- France II - Bordeaux, Rhone, South France; plus how wine is made & the use of oak
- Europe I - Alsace, Germany, Austria & UK; plus how to serve wine - temperature & decanting, and the importance of soil
- Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal; plus new regions & wines, supermarket v independents, food & wine matching
- New World I - Australia & New Zealand - the different regions; plus the use of oak, other wine treatments
- New World II - Chile & Argentina; plus the importance of climate & weather
- New World III - North America & South Africa; plus how to store wine & why, common wine faults
- Sparkling and Dessert Wines from around the World plus Champagne - how it's made, difference between Vintage/Non Vintage. Where to buy the best Champagne & lots of food matching
What if I have to miss any evenings?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other South London Wine School courses and tastings.
This South London 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion.
For this tasting, students will receive tasting kits with 50ml samples of the wines tasted throughout the duration of this course.
- Tasting kit delivery can be made to anywhere within the UK. If you are interested in receiving the course tasting kits, however your delivery address is not within the UK, please get in touch BEFORE booking as depending where you are located, we may be able to still arrange delivery for an additional fee.
How to get there
This event is online only.