Each week we will focus on a different region, tasting at least six wines, discovering what makes each region unique and matching the wines with different foods. You will find out how to pick out the best wines in supermarkets, decipher wine lists in restaurants, and understand the different terms used on wine labels. All the while tasting some fantastic wines and building up your tasting skills!
- France I - Burgundy & Loire; plus tasting skills, aroma tests, understanding wine labels
- France II - Bordeaux, Rhone, South France; plus how wine is made & the use of oak
- Europe I - Alsace, Germany, Austria & UK; plus how to serve wine - temperature & decanting, and the importance of soil
- Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal; plus new regions & wines, supermarket v independents, food & wine matching
- New World I - Australia & New Zealand - the different regions; plus the use of oak, other wine treatments
- New World II - Chile & Argentina; plus the importance of climate & weather
- New World III - North America & South Africa; plus how to store wine & why, common wine faults
- Sparkling and Dessert Wines from around the World plus Champagne - how it's made, difference between Vintage/Non Vintage. Where to buy the best Champagne & lots of food matching
What if I have to miss any evenings?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other South London Wine School courses and tastings.
Welcome to the South London World of Wines tasting on Alsace, Austria and England. Time to discover some of the most aromatic and interesting white wines of Europe! If you have an interest in diverse styles of wine or have ever wondered what wine to ...
Welcome to an evening of Southern European delights! Both Spain and Italy have long produced outstanding wines with classics such as Rioja, Cava, Chianti and Barolo gracing our tables for many years. This evening our tasting will ...
A great night of wine tasting from Down Under: Peppery Coonawarra Cabernets and sleek, elegant Clare Valley Rieslings are the new face of Australian wine. Meanwhile, New Zealand's Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc has come fro...
Welcome to the exciting World of Wine tasting on Chile & Argentina! It may be only relatively recently that these countires have started building their reputation in the wine world, but there are some great wines coming from these countries in a ...
Come along and enjoy a decadent evening of fine sparkling and dessert wines! For many people, the fizz at the start of the meal and the dessert wine at the end are the most enjoyable drinks of the evening, so we thought - let’s have a whole ta...
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'
Best Wine Courses - "5 Wine Schools I rate"