Course Schedule: 3 x Live Online classes - Tuesday evenings 4th, 11th and 18th January 2020 from 7pm to 9pm
Deadline for course registration is 10 days in advance of the course starting.
What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to taste wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting. SAT
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification. To view the full course specification please click HERE.
- The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our certified wine educators
- The course includes 6 hours online tuition in 3 x 2 hr sessions
- Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of 6 wines with you on this course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
- You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
- You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
The exam is taken online via a Remote Invigilation system giving you the flexibility to take the exam at a time and date of your choice. Please note WSET require 3 weeks notice to arrange the exam.
The course fee of £145 Includes:
- Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
- LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor.
- WSET exam fee
- Remote Invigilation service
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee.
Our wine experts have specially selected wine styles for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They will recommend the styles you should buy when you book your course – they are all available from high street wine retailers or you can choose to buy our recommended case at a specially discounted price, only available to our online students. The price of the 6 bottle case is approx. £65 including delivery. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Special Educational Needs
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.