This is a great opportunity to spend the day relaxing and learning all about wine in a really fun way! We'll be looking at :-
- The Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, & describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Our Nottingham Saturday Courses take place at the Lace Market Hotel & Cock a Hoop, High Pavement, Nottingham, with excellent travel links and parking available nearby. Check out the hotel if you fancy making a weekend of it! Lace Market Hotel