WSET Level 1 Award in Wines online evening course
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality.
What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read this document by clicking here
This course is an online evening course format, delivered over 3 consecutive Wednesday evenings
The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our certified wine educators
The course includes 6 hours online tuition in 3 x2 hr sessions
Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of 6 wines with you on this course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as is basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
You will complete your examination online.
- Wednesday 30th March 7pm to 9pm - 1st online classroom sesson
- Wednesday 6th April 7pm to 9pm - 2nd online classroom session
- Wednesday 13th April 7pm to 9pm - 3rd online classroom session
Registration Deadline: Wednesday 16th March
The course fee of £195 Includes:
- Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
- LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
- Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
- 1 x 45 minute exam preparation session held via Zoom
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above.
Our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They have even negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students.
The price of the 6 bottle case is c£60 including delivery.
Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
How to get there
This event is online only.