What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to taste wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting. SAT.
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read this document by clicking here.
This course is an online course, delivered over 3 consecutive afternoons.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
Registration Deadline: 5th April 2021
Sessions: 2pm to 4pm on 12th, 13th, 14th April 2021
Exam: 19th April at 2pm - this date can be amended, only at time of booking
- The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our WSET certified wine educators
- Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of wines with you on this course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
- You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
- You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
- Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
The course fee of £140 Includes:
- Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
- LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by one of our WSET Certified Tutor via Zoom
- Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions free of charge
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
- The online exam
- It does not include the cost of the wine
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above.
Our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They have even negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students.
The price of the 6 bottle case is £60 including delivery to mainland UK. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided around 10 days prior to your course starting.
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
How to get there
This event is online only.