The Italian Wine Scholar™ education program is the most advanced, comprehensive, and up-to-date Italian wine course available. The syllabus takes a regional approach and discusses all Italian wine appellations and the factors that shape their identities.
The Italian Wine Scholar course is composed of two separate units:
- Unit 1: The Wines of Northern Italy
- Unit 2: The Wines of Central & Southern Italy
You can study the units in any order you wish and you must pass both units to attain the IWS accreditation.
The IWS course includes the following for each unit:
- 4 x all-day classes with extensive tutored tastings to complement your online classroom resources
- Specially designed revision session on your exam day
- Typically 60 wines tasted included rare, premium examples
- IWS study manual
- Access to the IWS e-learning study modules & review quizzes
- 100 question multiple choice classroom exam
"I am impressed by the thoroughness of research that has gone into the Italian Wine Scholar study manual, and by the clear way it is laid out. I am sure that this course will prove very useful for the growing numbers of wine students wishing to improve their knowledge of wines in general and Italian wines in particular." Nicolas Belfrage MW, author of the acclaimed books “Barolo to Valpolicella: the Wines of Northern Italy” and “Brunello to Zibibbo: the Wines of Tuscany, Central and Southern Italy”
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'