Amazing wine tasting day at Hotel du Vin with lunch and Champagne!
Join us for a great wine experience in Brighton (11am-4pm) beginning with Champagne, trying a wide variety of wines, discovering new favourites and with 2-course lunch included.
These days are suitable for all. Whether you have never been to a wine tasting before or are an experienced taster, there is something for everyone.
Saturday courses all include:
- 12 wines sampled and explained
- delicious 2 course lunch (all diets catered for - just let us know)
The day starts with a glass of champagne as we chat about how to get bubbles into wine and continues through a series of white and red wines. The day includes a delicious two course lunch with a glass of rose.
- Glass of champagne - learn about the world's most famous sparkling wine
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- New World wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste and describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
This is a great opportunity to meet like minded people and learn more about wine with a delicious two course lunch included too!
Why not make a weekend of it and book a room at Hotel du Vin!