The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality. It lays the foundation for understanding wine, giving you confidence for food and wine pairing and an introduction to different wine styles.
What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course.
- The Level 1 Award in Wines classroom course covers the same syllabus as the online course and is delivered in one day by one our certified wine educators
- Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of 9 wines with you on this course
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
The course fee Includes:
- Course study guide
- WSET exam fee
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
Special Educational Needs
Please make the school aware if you have a condition that may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'