EVENING COURSE. The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality. It lays the foundation for understanding wine, giving you confidence for food and wine pairing and an introduction to different wine styles.
January 2024 Course
15th, 22nd & 29th January
What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine.
- The main types and styles of wine.
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics.
- How to make food and wine pairings.
- How to store and serve wine.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT).
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read this document by clicking here.
- The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our WSET certified wine educators.
- The course includes 6 hours online tuition in 3 x 2 hour sessions.
- Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of 6 wines with you on this course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below).
- You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course.
- You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions via Zoom when you book.
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
The exam is taken online via a Remote Invigilation service. We will help arrange a suitable time/date for you to take your exam when you are ready to do so.
The course fee includes:
- Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge.
- LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor.
- Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
- The exam fees.
- Remote Invigilation service *Please note there are some minimum system requirements (contact us for more information).
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam.
- It does not include the cost of the wine.
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines are not included in the course fee above.
Our wine experts have specially selected wines for this course designed to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. We have negotiated a specially discounted price only available to our online students.
The case of 6 wines costs approx £67 including delivery to the mainland UK. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided 10 days prior to your course starting.
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'