- 61 reviews of West London Wine School in London
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both wine industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As an award-winning WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP), West London Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.
Who should consider studying for WSET Level 2?
This beginner to intermediate level qualification course provides a fantastic and structured exploration into the world of wines and is suitable for both industry professionals and wine enthusiasts alike. Attendees will gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world and the styles of wine they produce around the world. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
1. The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course is globally recognised vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.
2. The course is also a great option for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study wine using a structured curriculum and formal assessment. Please note: you do not need to have completed WSET Level 1 in order register for Level 2. The WSET Level 2 course is also a natural progression for those who have attended the West London Wine School 8-Week Introduction to the World of Wine course.
3. The course is an absolute must for anyone considering pursuing a career in the wine industry. Acheiving a good grade in this qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course.
Condensed Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run the condensed course for those who which to obtain this achievable certificate in a quick turnaround
- The sessions run for 6 hours, starting at 10:00am and finishing around 4:00pm
- There are 3 full sessions spread out over 3 consecutive days. The final exam day runs on the final day from 10:00am - 2.30pm.
- The term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over four days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as the other formats of the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course hosted at West London Wine School.
- Registration for this course closes at midday on March 3rd 2023.
Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
COURSE DELIVERY AND MATERIALS
- Study Materials: Students will receive by post the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course study pack in advance. This consists of the course text book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes) and laminated tasting card.
Study packs are dispatched within 2 working days from when you receive the order - please make sure to fill out the delivery form (found in your purchase confirmation) upon booking.
An international delivery fee applies for order outside of the UK.
- Exclusive Access to Jimmy Smith's E-Learning Wine Revision Portal: This online revision portal includes hundreds of revision multiple choice and mock exam multiple choice questions, flashcards, revision templates, exercises and videos.
Email with the instructions on how to activate your account is received 10 working days from the beginning of the course.
- Recommended Private Study: You should be prepared to dedicate a minimum of 14 hours to study time outside of the classroom.
- Examination: 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour. A mark of 55% required to pass.
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
How to get there
The Wine Cellars, Fulham, SW6 2SG
71 Townmead Road (access via Big Yellow Storage), Fulham, London