Want to wow your holiday guests this year? Add a bottle of sparkling sake to your festive drinks lineup!
The popularity of sparkling sake is skyrocketing in Japan and overseas. Creating the sparkle is technically challenging, and the breweries making sparkling sake each forged their own paths to create a unique product that reflect their brewing philosophy. While there are many production methods to add the sparkle, we will focus on the premium side utilising in-bottle secondary fermentation and share the fascinating stories of each brewery and sake with you on the night.
Our sake tutor Sarah is hand-selecting the top premium sparkling sakes available in the UK to taste in one decadent evening. You will taste seven premium sparkling sake from a variety of styles, accompanied by festive fine cheeses and Japanese-influenced nibbles. There will be a tutored tasting on the world of sparking sake including history and production methods, with a full presentation and tasting sheets.
The UK is also leading the way in sparkling sake production outside of Japan, with Cambridgeshire’s Sparkling Sake Brewery - we will be presenting their award-winning cuvee Awa as one of the sparkling sake to taste on the night.
Sake on tasting:
- Masumi Origarami Junmai Ginjo (Pet-Nat / Methode Ancestrale, slightly cloudy style) - Miyasaka Brewing Company, Nagano Prefecture
- Tobiroku "Festival of Stars" Ginjo Nigori Sparkling - Dewazakura, Yamagata Prefecture
- Mizubasho Junmai Ginjo Karakuchi (dry) Sparkling - Nagai Shuzo Brewery, Gunma Prefecture
- Tombo "Dragonfly" Sparkling Junmai - Izumibashi Shuzo Brewery, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Odayaka Sparkling Junmai - Niida Honke Brewery, Fukushima Prefecture
- Hoshi no Kagayaki "Brilliant Starlight" Sparkling Daiginjo - Shichiken Brewery, Yamanashi Prefecture
- "Awa" Naturally Sparkling Sake - The Sparkling Sake Brewery, Cambridgeshire UK
This tasting is perfectly timed before Christmas and New Year – why not treat your friends/colleagues to a wonderfully decadent evening out!
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'
Best Wine Courses - "5 Wine Schools I rate"