WHO SHOULD CONSIDER STUDYING THE FWS COURSE?
- FWS is designed to test for proficiency in ALL the wines and wine regions of France.
- FWS is ideal for those currently studying or completed WSET Level 3 and Level 4 as an ideal supplement
- FWS is also ideal for those who hold an enthusiastic interest for the French wine industry
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
West London Wine School was awarded the French Wine Scholar Programme Provider of the Year in 2017!
- The French Wine Scholar curriculum is comprised of eight 2 1/2 hour classes usually held on the same evening over consecutive weeks and a one hour exam held on the ninth evening
- All students receive a study book (please see an excerpt below) as well as access to the fantastic course E-Learning Modules*
- There is an additional ninth evening on which is the examination occurs
- An average of 8+ wines will be tasted per class with some matching with typical regional foods
* Wine Scholar Guild Online Modules: Wine Scholar Guild provides access to online support resources for each of their courses which has a validity of 1 year and they provide us with these login details for each course to share with our students. Please note that, after 1 year, free access to the online modules will expire.
- Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines from key French regions
- Regional Food and Wine Matching: An informal guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine
- Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve key French wines
- Grape Varieties: Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from ALL the French grape varieties
- Regions: Full immersion in ALL the French wine regions; Alsace, Champagne, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Jura, Savoie, Loire, Bordeaux, Languedoc-Roussillon, Rhone, Southwest, Provence and Corsica
- Number of Wines Tasted: 60+ wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials: Students will receive the French Wine Scholar Study Manual, a comprehensive guide to ALL French wine
- Additional Materials: Students will have access to a complete E-Learning Package. There are 20 multimedia modules with webinars on regional wine styles, review quizzes, forums, downloadable maps & etc.
- Duration of course: 9 evenings inclusive of examination on the tenth session. Evenings will last from 7pm until approximately 9:30pm
- Examination: 100 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes. A mark of 75% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.