WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of wines available.
The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies. The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
EVENING COURSES - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 7 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam.
COURSE OUTLINE (ALL Tuesday EVENINGS)
- 22nd March 2022: Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique, Food and Wine Pairing
- 29th March 2022: Session 2 - Factors that influence the quality, style and price of wine
- 5th April 2022: Session 3 - Grape Varieties
- 12th April 2022: Session 4 - Grape Varieties
- 19th April 2022: Session 5 - Grape Varieties
- 26th April 2022: Session 6 - Italian Varieties, Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 3rd May 2022: Revision and Examination
What's included with the course fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper