Love Cheese? Love Wine? Then why not come along to our cheese and wine matching evening in Dorset and learn more about the best cheese or charcuterie and wine pairings to enjoy at home.
We all know the classic combination of Port and Stilton but what other pairings work together? We shall be exploring a range of delicious cheeses and matching them with some classic wines from around the globe. We shall also talk about food and wine matching more generally, and you'll pick up some really good tips to take away and practice at home.
On the evening we will try six different cheese and wine combinations, and while they will vary a bit from one event to another they will include at least some of the following:
- Classic Gruyere with a Pinot Noir
- Pié d’Angloys with a Brut Champagne or Crémant
- Manchego with an Albariño
- Crumbly Lancashire with a Chardonnay
- West Country Cheddar with a Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend
- Mature Blue cheese with Sémillon
- Goats cheese and an aromatic white
- Chaource with a mid weight white
- Camembert style with light bodied red
- Washed rind cheese (eg Pont L'Eveque or Reblochon) with a fruity white
- Farmhouse Cheddar with dry red wine
- Blue cheese with a tangy Dessert wine
Cheese is often considered the perfect partner to wine, but it's not always that easy. We will taste 6 wines, both white and red, matching them with 6 top quality cheeses from around the world plus award-winning locally made cheeses from Dorset...
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'