Passionate about wine and want to learn more? This course offers a fascinating introduction to the wines of the New World including Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the Americas. Do you want to discover interesting wines and grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then this is the course for you.
We'll start the day with Sparkling Wine from the New World, followed by a relaxed and informal tutored tasting of 10 fantastic wines. As well as learning to taste like a pro we'll cover the following...
- How wine is made
- An introduction to the major wine making regions of the New World
- An introduction to the major red and white grape varieties
- The effect of climate on how a wine tastes
- Understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching tips
Halfway through the day we'll take a break to enjoy a delicious three-course lunch.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'