What’s all the fizz about? Unlocking the potential of Prosecco presented by Prosecco DOC’s UK Ambassador, Neil Phillips,The Wine Tipster.
The UK's most popular Sparkling Wine has become synonymous with joy, celebration and 'La Dolce Vita' (the good life). We spend more on Prosecco in the UK than any other Sparkling Wine and this informal and fun live tasting will reveal the secrets behind Prosecco’s success.
Discover the latest from the Prosecco DOC in North East Italy as you taste your way through wines from eight different producers, featuring brut, extra dry and Prosecco DOC Millesimato Rosé!
You'll learn about the different styles of Prosecco including spumante, frizzante and colfondo and Neil will explain what's going in Proseccoland including:
- The history of Prosecco
• Stories behind the featured producers
• Organic Prosecco DOC wines and vegan friendly Prosecco DOC wines
• Sustainability in Prosecco DOC
• Prosecco DOC Rosé Millesimato, which is now on the shelves!
• The new Zero and Extra Brut categories
• Visiting the Prosecco DOC producers and staying in Treviso, the home of Tiramisu.
The tasting will also be packed with tips on how to pair Prosecco with food and how great Prosecco is in cocktails.
A must-do tasting for any fizz fans!
Possible food suggestions to include at the Live Tasting.
- Some Antipasti - Parma Ham/Prosciutto, Salami Milano and Napoli, Pepperoni
• A chunk of Grana Padano cheese
• A slice of your favourite pizza – veggie pizza pairs particularly well
Social media: Birmingham Wine School For Twitter, Facebook, Instagram @ProseccoDOC @TheWineTipster
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'