The World of Wine Course is a fun, practical introduction to the wines of the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience.
By the end of the course you will feel inspired to try a wider range of wines, feel more confident choosing wines and know where to go to find good value wines.
The World of Wine course is also very sociable and is a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
- The World of Wine course takes you on a journey around the world of wine visiting old wolrd countries in Europe and New World countries
- You taste around a minimum of wines each week
- The course is flexible. If you cannot make one or more of the tastings you get a credir for the same session on the next course.
Each week will cover a useful extra topic:
- How to recognise aromas and taste wines
- How to asses wine quality objectively
- Understanding European and New World wine labels
- Learning how wine is made including the use of oak and other winemaking techniques and practices
- How to store and serve wines inc serving temperatures and decanting
- Food and wine pairing
- Tips for buying wine
- Common wine faults
"Hugely informative and great fun. Highly recommended even if you have had little experience of wine. My knowledge and appreciation improved immensely." World of Wine Course Feb March 2022
Our World of Wine Course makes a fantastic gift for anybody who enjoys wine.
What if can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute, pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course or obtain a credit voucher valid for other Sussex Wine School courses and tastings. Courses run throughout the year.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'