Our 4 week New World Tour is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Argentina and South Africa and the USA. Taking place in Manchester City Centre, this course will give you the opportunity to try a fantastic variety of delicious wines.
What will I get from this course?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Become familiar with different grapes and regions
- Learn how to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional
- Develop your wine vocabulary
- Understand how to read wine labels
- Discover how to store wine and ideal serving temperatures
- Develop a basic understanding of how wine is made and the importance of soil and climate
- Learn principles of food and wine pairing
- Feel more comfortable choosing wine and recognise good value
- Understand how to spot wine faults
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
What if I can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute or if you let us know in advance we can schedule you onto a repeat session next time we run the course or give you a credit to use against another event event.
Each session includes at least 6 wines to taste, presentation by one of fantastic team of wine educators, tasting notes and a selection of cheese and ham to nibble on!