The Level 2 Award in Wines is a structured course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level. It's ideal for those employed in the drinks and hospitality industries who require better product knowledge or for the wine enthusiast looking to learn in a structured way.
You'll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties, where they are grown and the styles of wine they produce. You'll explore factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
At a glance:
- 40 + wines tasted
- 16 hours tuition
- 12 hours home study
- 60 minute multiple-choice exam
For more detail on the course structure, content, assessment criteria and sample exam questions - View the WSET Level 2 specification
We also offer the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines Course ONLINE taught LIVE via interactive Zoom lessons.
If you think you might prefer a more relaxed approach without an exam, our flagship 8-week World of Wine course is a great foundation to start building your wine knowledge.
Why book with Manchester Wine School?
- Manchester Wine School is an Approved Programme Provider for WSET Qualifications and has been teaching their wine courses in Manchester City Centre since 2011. Over this time we have educated over 1000 students so offer a wealth of experience and knowledge in teaching these sought after qualifications.
- Our tutors are amongst the most qualified and highest-performing WSET educators in the UK. Our students enjoy well above national average exam results.
- 98% of students who studied for WSET Level 2 Award in Wines with us in 2021/2022 passed the course, so you are in safe hands!
- We pride ourselves in supporting our students around class time and are available to help whatever the query. We supply additional support FREE OF CHARGE with helpful documents, videos, quiz links and sample questions to help you prepare for the all -important exams.
- As professional wine educators we do not sell wine to remain impartial.
- We make learning about wine fun as well as educational and our fantastic Trip Advisor and Google reviews speak for themselves.
If you have any questions about WSET qualifications or anything else we offer, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'