The Level 1 Award in Wines course offers an entry level qualification and practical introduction to wine.
You'll explore the main types and styles of wine, learn how to describe wine accurately and make food and wine pairings. Great for anyone new to wine, for the wine enthusiast looking to study in a structured way or for a person in their first job in hospitality or wine retail.
At a glance:
- practice wine tasting
- 6 hours tuition
- 0 hours home study
- 45 minute multiple-choice exam
For more detail on the course structure and content, assessment criteria and sample exam questions - view the WSET Level 1 Specification
We also offer the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines ONLINE taught LIVE via interactive Zoom lessons.
Why book with Manchester Wine School?
- Manchester Wine School is an Approved Programme Provider for WSET Qualifications and has been teaching their wine courses in Manchester City Centre since 2011. Over this time we have educated over 1000 students so offer a wealth of experience and knowledge in teaching these sought after qualifications.
- Our tutors are amongst the most qualified and highest-performing WSET educators in the UK. Our students enjoy well above national average exam results.
- 100% of students who studied for WSET Level 1 Award in Wines with us in 2019/2020 passed the course, so you are in safe hands!
- We pride ourselves in supporting our students around class time and are available to help whatever the query. We supply additional support with helpful documents, videos, quiz links and sample questions to help you prepare for the all -important exams.
- As professional wine educators we do not sell wine to remain impartial.
- We make learning about wine fun as well as educational and our fantastic Trip Advisor and Google reviews speak for themselves.
If you have any questions about WSET qualifications or anything else we offer, please don't hesitate to get in touch.