The Level 1 Award in Wines course offers an entry-level qualification and practical introduction to wine. This is the classroom version.
You'll explore the main types and styles of wine and learn how to describe wine accurately and make food and wine pairings. Great for anyone new to wine or inexperienced front line staff in hospitality and wine retail.
At a glance:
- approx 8 x practice wine tasting
- 6 hours tuition
- 0 hours home study
- 45-minute multiple-choice exam
If you prefer you can begin your wine studies at Level 2 (it is not necessary to have studied Level 1 first).
For more detail on the course structure and content, as well as assessment criteria and sample exam questions - view the Full Level 1 Specification
We also offer the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines ONLINE
Why book with Manchester Wine School?
- Manchester Wine School is an Approved Programme Provider for WSET Qualifications and has been teaching their wine courses in Manchester City Centre since 2011. Over this time we have educated over 1500 students so offer a wealth of experience and knowledge in teaching these sought after qualifications.
- Our tutors are amongst the most qualified and highest-performing WSET educators in the UK. Our students enjoy well above national average exam results.
- 100% of students who studied for WSET Level 1 Award in Wines with us in 2021/22 passed the course, so you are in safe hands!
- We pride ourselves in supporting our students around class time and are available to help whatever the query. We supply additional support with helpful documents, videos, quiz links and sample questions to help you prepare for the all -important exams.
- As professional wine educators we do not sell wine to remain impartial.
- We make learning about wine fun as well as educational and our fantastic Trip Advisor and Google reviews speak for themselves.
If you have any questions about WSET qualifications or anything else we offer, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'