IMPORTANT VENUE INFORMATION
- Friday 25th Nov, Day 1 - Hotel du Vin, Brighton
- Fridays 2nd Dec and 9th Dec, Days 2 and 3 - Leonardo Royal Brighton Waterfront Hotel (formerly Jurys Inn Waterfront)
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines, suitable for industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
The course covers the following topics:
How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
The style and quality of wines:
made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
Principles of food and wine pairing
Not sure exactly what is covered in the Level 2 Course?
This WSET Level 2 in Wines Course runs on 3 x Fridays (9.30am-4.30pm) on Fridays 25th Nov, 2nd Dec and 9th Dec 2022. 11 hours of additional private study is also recommended for this course. The Examination is 50 multiple choice questions, and lasts one hour. It will be taken during the afternoon on the final day.
Candidates must be registered by Thurs 17th Nov 2022.
The fee includes
- All WSET course materials including; Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide, Specification book, and SAT ® Tasting Card
- Approx 30 delicious wines to taste including Champagne & Port
- The use of professional ISO tasting glasses
- 3 days of professional WSET tuition by a WSET Certified tutor
- Teaching of the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT) ® which will enable you to analyse wines objectively and consistently
- Registration with WSET and all examination fees
- Internationally-recognised certificate and pin badge upon successful completion
- Comprehensive student support outside of class time should you have any questions before, during and after the course as well as mock exam prep provided FREE OF CHARGE
- VAT at 20% (VAT receipt can be provided on request)
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'