The Spanish Wine Scholar (SWS) study and certification program is geared for members of the wine trade and avid Spanish wine enthusiasts. Successful candidates are conferred the Spanish Wine Scholar title (SWS) and encouraged to use the SWS post-nominal as part of their professional signatures. They will also receive the Spanish Wine Scholar certificate and lapel pin.
Course Dates (All Monday Evenings 7pm - 9:30pm)
- 15th Jan: Green Spain (Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, País Vasco)
- 22nd Jan: Duero River Valley (Castilla y León)
- 29th Jan: La Rioja
- 5th Feb: Ebro River Valley (Navarra, Aragón)
- 12th Feb: Cataluña
- 19th Feb: Central Mediterranean Coast (Valencia, Murcia) & The Islands (Balearic/Canary Islands)
- 26th Feb: Meseta (Castilla-La Mancha, Madrid, Extremadura)
- 4th March: Andalucia
- 11th March: Exam (100 multiple choice, 1 hour exam at 7pm)
The course fee includes:
- A comprehensive Study Manual
- 4-5 well chosen wines to taste each session
- Professional tuition by Spanish Wine Scholar certified tutor
- Examination fees
- Access to the E-Learning Package (Multimedia modules, review quizzes, forums, downloadable maps & etc)
- Practice quiz questions in class
- Internationally-recognised qualification certificate and pin for those who pass.
Course Tutor: Jonny Gibson (Sussex Wine School Head Tutor)
Receipt available on request- simply email us after your purchase
Flexible payment options are available on request. Please get in touch to discuss. Please note full payment is required before the course start date.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'