This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
The course covers the following topics:
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- The style and quality of wines made from 22 regionally important grape varieties, produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
Principles of food and wine pairing.
Click here to view the full Level 2 Course Specification
Our Level 2 Award Course will run on 3 consecutive Fridays (9.30am-4.30pm) on Fridays 17th & 24th June & 1st July 2022 11 hours additional private study is also recommended for this course. The Examination is 50 multiple choice questions, and lasts 1 hour. It will be taken at the end of the session on 1st July.
Registration deadline Friday 10th June 2022
The Fee of £425.00 includes
- WSET course materials incl; Study Book, Work book, Specification book and SAT ® Tasting Card
- at least 38 well chosen wines including champagne & port
- 3 days of professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified tutor
- Examination fees / internationally-recognised certificate