The WSET Level 2 in Wines Award is a beginner-to-intermediate level course providing a structured exploration of the world of wine and is suitable both for wine industry professionals and wine enthusiasts.
All our course tutors are qualified to deliver courses on behalf of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust.
What the course covers:
- How to taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting (SAT)
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and how to recognise common faults found in wine
- How to decode and understand wine labels
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, vineyard and maturation options influence the style and quality of the wines in different parts of the world
- Learn about wine styles produced by key international red and white varieties (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Syrah/Shiraz) as well as those made from 22 regionally important grape varieties grown in 70 wine regions
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence the style of wines in these two key wine categories
For more detail on the course content, as well as assessment criteria and sample exam questions view the WSET Level 2 Specification.
The course is runs over 3 Sundays on the following dates:
Sunday 28 April
No class on Sunday 5 May
Sunday 12 May
Sunday 19 May
Additionally, 12 hours of private study is recommended for this course.
A 1 hour 50 question multiple choice exam will be held on the last day of the course. Please bring a photo ID with you on the final day of the course (this is a requirement for sitting the exam). A passport or driving licence is best.
Included in the fee:
• Course book and study guide (these will be posted to you ahead of the course)
• Around 30 wines to taste throughout the course
• Professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutors
• Examination fees
• Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin upon passing the exam
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'