What the course covers
• The main types and styles of wine
• Common wine grapes and their characteristics
• Food and wine pairings
• Storage and service of wine
• How to taste wine using the WSET ‘Systematic approach to Tasting’
• An online condensed course format delivered over two consecutive days.
• The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by a certified wine educator
• The course includes five hours online tuition in 2 x 3-hour sessions
• Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of six wines (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
• You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
• You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is a 30 multiple-choice question paper to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam. The exam is taken, from home, using Remote Invigilation Technology - further details will be provided at the time of booking although you do not need to commit to an exam date at that stage. We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read the full spec by clicking here.
Course Schedule & Important Dates
The course fee of £140 Includes
• Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
• LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
• Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
• Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
• WSET registration and exam fees.
It is recommended that six wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above. We have put together a recommended selection of wines, specifically designed to accompany the course and illustrate key learning outcomes. We have been able to negotiate a specially discounted price, only available to our online students, of £57 including delivery, for the six-bottle case. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Special Educational Needs
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.