The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wines is an ideal starting point for any wine enthusiast who:
- is considering embarking on a professional career in the drinks industry
- would like to improve their knowledge of wine through more structured training, and be awarded a certificate to prove they know their stuff
It is an enjoyable, relaxed and interactive course designed to introduce participants, in a structured way, to wine styles, storing and serving of wine, and food and wine matching. No prior experience of wine tasting is necessary.
There is a short multiple-choice assessment at the end of the day to ensure you have met all the criteria, and can be awarded the certificate.
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
The Fee includes:
- All WSET course materials
- Professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified tutor
- Wine samples to taste during the day.
- We teach you the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT) ® which will enable you to analyse wines objectively and consistently
- registration with WSET, all examination fees, and an internationally-recognised certificate upon successful completion
- Tea & coffee breaks
- VAT at 20%
Funding for this course is available:
DEVELOP is the educational programme of The Drinks Trust, the drinks and hospitality industry charity. DEVELOP offers fully funded training and skills courses, delivered by industry-leading providers for people already working, or with an ambition to work, in the drinks and hospitality industry. Manchester Wine School has partnered with The Drinks Trust to bring courses free of charge to eligible students. All of the WSET courses are available for funding with DEVELOP. To learn more please visit the Drinks Trust website HERE
Criteria of eligibility for DEVELOP funding: must be 18 or over, eligible to work in the UK, have a National Insurance Number, and be earning less than £26k/pa
Local Wine Schools in the Press
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'