Our 3 week tour of wines from outside of Europe is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, Chile and Argentina and South Africa and the USA. Taking place in Manchester City Centre, this course will give you the opportunity to try a fantastic variety of delicious wines.
What will I get from this course?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Become familiar with different grapes and regions
- Learn how to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional
- Develop your wine vocabulary
- Understand how to read wine labels
- Discover how to store wine and ideal serving temperatures
- Develop a basic understanding of how wine is made and the importance of soil and climate
- Learn principles of food and wine pairing
- Feel more comfortable choosing wine and recognise good value
- Understand how to spot wine faults
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
Each session includes at least 6 wines to taste, presentation by one of fantastic team of wine educators, tasting notes and a selection of cheese and ham to nibble on!
Australia and New Zealand make some of today's most popular styles of wine. Discover what makes them so good and what else these this fascinating wine making country has to offer.
Chile is known for its fresh and fruity wines and very tempting prices while Argentina has been making intense and increasingly complex wines. Both countries have their unique surprises - come and discover more.
An evening of New World showstoppers. South Africa's unique contribution to the world of wine comes from its distinctive history and climate, while wines from the USA firmly rival the best made in Europe. Come and discover more..