Our World of Wine course runs for 8 consecutive weekday evenings. No previous wine tasting experience is necessary and the emphasis is upon learning by tasting lots of different wines.
What will you get from this course?
- You’ll taste 50 different wines from 12 countries, 40 regions and over 40 different grape varieties
- You’ll learn how to sniff, swirl and sip like a professional and how to describe a wine to family and friends
- You’ll understand the flavour and aromas associated with the world’s major grape varieties
- You will know the world’s major wine regions and the wine styles they produce
- How wine is made, the importance of soils and climate and the influence of the winemaker
- How to identify a faulty wine
- How to read and decipher wine labels
- The best ways to store and serve wine
- You’ll learn all about pairing food and wine, giving you lots of ideas to try at home
- How to choose better wine in shops and restaurants
- A whole new wine vocabulary, plus you will meet like-minded people who enjoy wine
And most importantly…you’ll understand which wines you like and why
Our WOW course makes a great gift and can be purchased as a gift voucher for £280
What if I can’t make one of the evenings?
Not a problem. You can either send a substitute, pick up the session on the next course or request a credit voucher.
Course Programme and Dates:
Sessions run on 8 consecutive Tuesday evenings. They start at 7pm and last for approximately 2 hours, ending at around 9pm
Week 1: Tour de France - Stage 1: Champagne, Burgundy & the Loire
Week 2: Tour de France - Stage 2: Bordeaux, the Rhone & S France
Week 3: An Italian Wine Adventure
Week 4: A Wine Journey through Iberia incl Rioja
Week 5: Discover Germany, Austria & England!
Week 6: A Southern Hemisphere Wine Extravaganza!
Week 7: An American Wine Adventure
Week 8: Wines that go Under the Radar!
Get one tasting for FREE! The course fee of £280 offers you one of the eight tastings for free as they would cost £320 if booked individually.
Tutor - Victoria