We have selected a range of wines, specifically matched to the kind of food most of us eat at Christmas time.
The choice will include a superb producers Champagne, white wines to partner smoked salmon and roast turkey, a range of reds from light and fruity Pinot Noir, through soft, warm, and spicy Shiraz, to full-bodied Bordeaux blends (Cabernet & Merlot) – all chosen to complement most sauces and stuffings.
We will finish with a gorgeous dessert wine that goes equally well with Xmas pudding or Stilton.
To complement the experience, samples of a selection of Christmas food will be served, so you can discover how different wines bring out the best in your Xmas Fayre.
Expect to sample a selection of European classics alongside some fine wines from the New World.
• Glass of Champagne to start
• Tutored tasting of 6 Fine Wines (average retail over £20 each)
• How to assess a 'Fine Wine'
• Comparison of European classics against New World rising stars
• Festive nibbles to accompany the wines
• Tips and hints on how you can navigate the perils of Christmas food and wine matching!
This is the perfect way to kick off the festive season, or simply indulge in an evening of vinous delights!
'The best wine courses and classes in the UK'
'Londons loveliest wine tasting classes'
Best Wine Courses - "5 Wine Schools I rate"