The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine is the ideal starting point for the novice wine enthusiast, or anyone starting a career in wine or hospitality. WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
This course is delivered ONLINE over three weeks with a minimum of 12 hours total study (including LIVE virtual lessons) recommended to successfully complete the course. Regular internet access and participation is essential.
The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
What’s Covered on the Course:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback
- How to store and serve wine
No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English, therefore basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
- Tuesday 26th July, 7pm – 9pm: 1st LIVE virtual classroom session
- Tuesday 2nd August, 7pm – 9pm: 2nd LIVE virtual classroom session
- Tuesday 9th August, 7pm – 9pm: 3rd LIVE virtual classroom session
- Exam: To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass an exam (either in-person or online) that is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
- NOTE: All live virtual sessions will be recorded, so if you are unable to attend one of the sessions above as planned, you can revisit the lesson in your own time. After each lesson, students are invited to a video zoom session with their course tutor and all other course participants. The zoom sessions are not mandatory, but provide an additional fun and relaxed way for students to further discuss the lesson topics with their tutors as well as catch-up with their classmates more socially.
The Course Fee of £125 Includes:
- Course study guide
- Access to 'LIVE' virtual taught lessons taught by a North London Wine School WSET Certified Tutor (and access to the recordings of each of these lessons)
- Professional WSET tuition
- Exam & all related examination fees
- Internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
Course Wines are not included in this price. We have curated a discounted wine case with Great Wine Company at £55.03. A link will be sent out to order your wines upon booking.